ABOUT EAGLEBROOK SCHOOL
Eaglebrook is a junior boarding and day school for boys in grades six, seven, eight, and nine, located in Deerfield, Massachusetts. Founded in 1922, Eaglebrook’s vision is to help each student develop his unique gifts during the important middle school years, and our mission is to meet boys where they are in their development and to encourage them to build self-confidence through success. Eaglebrook offers a rich and diverse curriculum geared toward the learning styles of middle school boys.
Maintain a safe, clean, and aesthetically pleasing campus with attention to detail. Provide support to all events/functions on campus and be professional & courteous at all times to all faculty, staff, students, & guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment.
· Perform preventative maintenance.
· Handle basic repairs and maintenance.
· Oversee contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
· Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
· Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary
· General groundskeeping including weeding, mulching, planting, and seasonal clean-up.
· Snow removal.
· Snowmaking and chair lift operations on the ski hill.
· Moves furniture and other items within a building, as directed, to ensure proper cleaning. Sets up tables and chairs in the auditorium or hall.
· Must attend training and development classes and/or sessions as directed by the Director of Buildings & Grounds.
· Maintains levels of attendance, punctuality, and appearance as required by departmental standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous experience in buildings & grounds maintenance preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work effectively with all members of the school community in a pleasant, cooperative manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Applicant must consent to a criminal background check.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be capable of performing multiple tasks and able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to successfully complete CPR & AED certified courses.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and Material Safety Data Sheets.
REASONING ABILITY: The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and/or REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs.
- Able to climb stairs and step ladders up to 10 feet high.
- Pushing/pulling parking cleaning equipment, mopping or vacuuming up water spills, moving equipment.
- The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma